Aims of the Low Carbon Fund
- To ensure a secure route to local communities for community benefit funds agreed as part of renewable energy developments in Cornwall.
- To co-ordinate administrative and management functions for the agreed funds, maximising the real revenue available to the local community by reducing individual costs.
- To remove the burden of management and accounting from the local community, allowing them to focus on allocation of the funds.
- To share overheads for the management of community funds thereby reducing costs.
- To reduce the time and costs associated with establishing and operating a discrete fund for each location thereby reducing the burden for both the developer and the local community.
Low Carbon Fund Steering Group
Every donor to the fund and a representative from each community receiving community benefit funds will be invited to join the Low Carbon Fund Steering Group.